Joanne

Joanne

The Rosie Project - Graeme Simsion

I put this book down 10 minutes ago and I already miss the characters. Don's character really kept this from being a typical romantic story and I found his rules, his schedules and his thought processes to be fascinating. I liked the focus on the positives of having Asperger's rather than any disadvantages. It seemed that Don felt that the benefits of organization, memory abilities and stability in his life outweighed the social problems and it was nice seeing things from that side.

It was also refreshing to see two character meet and slowly fall in love as opposed to having two people fall in insta-love or having characters who previously know each other suddenly wake up to the fact that they want to be together.

I don't normally read romance and I'm not sure that that is what this novel would be characterized as. There was not a detailed and exciting story line so much as a gentle story that seemed to progress fairly naturally, reminding me a bit of Major Pettigrew's Last Stand in that way. I will definitely be checking out any future books by this author. A well-deserved 5 stars from me.